Functional Homes, Inc. has been specializing in Worker’s Comp and Auto insurance since 2006. Our services range from installing permanent and temporary wheelchair ramps and lifts to accessible construction and design of anything from bathrooms to whole homes.
Our objective is to rebuild homes to fit the person to be accessible, to be low maintenance and to reduce the need for attendant care. Our architects, designers, builders and occupational therapists work together to ensure cost-containment and accessibility.
Comparing Apples to Apples: When collecting quotes for a project it is vital that everyone is quoting the same design and materials. We partner with our sister company, Barrier Free Occupational Therapy, to review occupational therapy home evaluations then put those occupational therapy evaluations into detailed construction specifications and designs.
SEND US YOUR OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY HOME EVALUATIONS and we will develop an accessible design and detailed construction specifications to give to all the builders quoting the project to ensure accurate quotes. Without uniform construction specifications and designs, it is impossible to have an accurate scope of work and to avoid scope creep.
Our designs are based on medical necessity as documented in the occupational therapy home evaluation and best practices in design and construction. We will provide you the design documents required for accurate bidding and to pull any necessary permits required to complete the project.
We utilize Exactomate estimating software for our projects to allow you to see the details of the cost of construction.
Why Hire Us?
- Cost containment through accurate construction specifications and accessible designs based on occupational therapy evaluations.
- Quality accessible construction.
- Accessible designs to prevent scope creep and to decrease costs of care.
- Out of the box accessible home designs. Designs used to build accessible homes that reduce the cost of construction and ensure to meet goals for increasing safety and independence while decreasing costs of care.
- Rental or permanent wheelchair ramps installed within 24-48 hours of request and approval for fast hospital discharge.
- Adaptive equipment to decrease construction costs.